As an insurance agent, reading sales and marketing blogs can help you learn about new ways to reach and engage with prospects and customers. It can also help you find new technologies and tools to improve your sales process as well as get advice from seasoned industry leaders.
Here are 15 sales and marketing blogs worth subscribing to:
1. HubSpot's sales blog offers a wealth of information and tips for sales professionals. Topics include tested tactics for sending successful sales emails, advice for generating your own leads if you don't have a marketing team, and tips for using LinkedIn to prospect.
2. Jill Konrath, former sales executive and author of sales bible Snap Selling, writes blogs that include topics such as applying win-loss analysis to your sales strategy, time management and productivity, and sales optimization strategies.
3. SalesForce provides sales tips that incorporate team and organization management advice. Topics include incorporating technology into your sales process, sales coaching, tips for increasing the speed of your pipeline, and more.
4. Craig Rosenberg's blog The Funnelholic incorporates both marketing and sales. The blog discusses content strategy for sales professionals, email best practices, social selling, and sales and marketing apps.
5. Inc blogger Geoffrey James discusses sales, business, management, lifestyle, and entrepreneurship for sales professionals at every stage, whether they're just starting out or running their own businesses.
6. Copyblogger, while focused more on content marketing than sales, is a useful read for sales professionals who are active on social media and who run their own business blog.
7. Gary Vaynerchuk's blog is a mash-up of all things useful to today's business professional. He covers topics like the importance of emotional intelligence in business, how to use Snapchat and Instagram, tips for creating useful content, and advice for entrepreneurs.
8. Duct Tape Marketing is a blog for marketing and sales professionals and small business owners. It includes reviews and recommendations for useful tools as well as apps for managing email, collaborating with team members, accessing free stock images, managing projects, and optimizing your website. It also discusses social media, SEO, and team leadership.
9. The Sales Blog is run by Anthony Iannarino, graduate of Harvard's Owner/President Management program. He provides leadership advice, business management advice, tips for managing the sales pipeline and qualifying leads, and more.
10. Robert Terson's Selling Fearlessly shares blog posts from many different authors from a variety of industries, giving readers more to choose from in terms of expertise and perspective.
11. Yesware, a sales technology company, offers advice on constructing successful sales emails, choosing which prospecting tools to use, and deciding what time of day to send emails.
12. The Convince and Convert sales blog covers both sales and marketing. It offers tips for personalizing marketing automation, using video, and leveraging influencer marketing
13. Amy Porterfield is a social media strategist who shares strategies and tactics for small business owners, entrepreneurs, and sales professionals who promote their businesses online. In her blog, Porterfield shares online marketing tips for running Facebook advertising campaigns, affiliate marketing, and creating brilliant landing pages.
14. Chris Ducker's blog covers website optimization, branding, email marketing, blogging, social media, and other strategies to help sales professionals reach more customers and close more sales.
15. Sales for Life brands itself as the social selling blog offering "tactics and strategies to align with the modern buyer." The blog includes sales and business advice as well as posts on social selling, prospecting with LinkedIn, and leadership.
KHE2FFFYH6SP-152-603 WorldTrips is a service company and a member of the Tokio Marine HCC group of companies. WorldTrips' Atlas Journey, Atlas Cruiser, and Atlas On-The-Go trip protection insurance products are underwritten by Tokio Marine HCC U.S. Specialty Insurance Company (USSIC). USSIC is a Texas-domiciled insurance company operating on an admitted basis throughout the United States. WorldTrips' Atlas Travel Series and StudentSecure international travel medical insurance products are underwritten by Lloyd's. WorldTrips has authority to enter into contracts of insurance on behalf of the Lloyd's underwriting members of Lloyd's Syndicate 4141, which is managed by HCC Underwriting Agency, Ltd.